A couple of hours ago I was in the basement retrieving some sheets from the dryer, and I thought I saw something small and black scurrying across the floor (specifically, a bug). I think I see a giant bug several times a day, because I am terrified of bugs and subconsciously I am always on the lookout. I can't stand them, especially after the (alleged) bed bug experience I had in the fall, which everyone continues to insist I made up in my head. They are probably right, but I digress.
Anyway, I was about to go back to my original task of checking on my sheets, when I noticed that the black thing was still moving and that it wasn't a piece of lint but an actual bug. I'm not an expert, so I couldn't tell you what kind of bug, but it was gigantic. I was terrified. But I stifled a scream, and I stomped on that bug! I stomped on it good, because I knew that if I didn't get it the first time, it would probably craftily sneak under the dryer. I shudder to remember the crunch, because there was indeed a crunch.
I understand that basements are built beneath the ground and that this means bugs and moisture will infiltrate from time to time, but it is still somewhat disconcerting.
Anyway . . . I thought it might be therapeutic for me to write about this before trying to sleep.

1 comments:
I will send you happy, anti-bug thoughts. I know exactly how you feel. My new apartment is much nicer, but my old one had random NYC bugs in the building. They were crunchy and gigantic.
Post a Comment