Tonight the girl is living high
as the sky
before she crashes low
and below the surface
she goes
with her periscope,
her records,
her thousand beaux.
Home I go.
I hear the noise of the morning,
the rushing water
the footsteps
the everyday sonnet
the basso of my continuo
playing through my hands.
I touch the papers on my desk
the clear, rounded glass and
the grass on the ground. then,
the wind in this void of a world
that exists as a single breath, just beyond the
the bounds of my heart.
It’s just now in the moment
that I realize it’s all
my head, my hands.
my hands, my heart.
herein lies my hallelujah.
behold, silence
behold, stillness
falling snow?
i hear it spring, summer, and fall;
carry it in my hands.
therein lies my hallelujah.
recall the thought,
the feeling,
the memory in the mirror.
is it a blur?
this spinning blue earth
in the middle of all space
and of all time holding us close
until there is nothing left to say
but hallelujah.
words i’ve said,
stories i’ve heard.
i will take a breath and whisper
the quiet hallelujah.

0 comments:
Post a Comment