I would generally like to avoid writing a post when I'm angry, tired, or trying to sort out a problem, but why not? I'm having a bad night. Week. Month. Whatever. Someone I trusted at work has humiliated me, and I would never know about it if K hadn't been generous enough to alert me. The betrayal is just shocking, because I can't believe that after over two years of working together, this person chose such a selfish path. Not only was I manipulated, but I shouldn't have needed to be handled in this way since I made it clear that I was leaving my job. I'm coming in on my own time to sort out any details I need to this week, and then it's over.
I want so badly to call this person and demand an explanation, but it's just such a worthless pursuit. An apology would be unsatisfactory; I doubt any sincerity.
This isn't really the topic I had hoped to write about today, but it's all I've got right now. I'm just worn out, and I would like to fast forward to Friday and to a good weekend at home.
We have to distrust each other. It is our only defense against betrayal.
True, unfortunately. Wtf.
18 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment