24 April 2009

so late

I think I have developed an allergy. To sleep. I just can't do it. I'm tired enough, but when I lay down I can't stop thinking about everything I need to do. I'm worried about the future and I wish it were as simple as choosing my first classes for graduate school, but it just isn't right now. Everyone else I know is excited to graduate and has made marvelous plans and belongs somewhere, and I am stuck in limbo and I feel like a failure. Worse, I feel like this is something I might have prevented had I worked harder or done something different in the past year. Maybe I could have thought ahead more, but I suppose it just became somewhat difficult to care when I was worried about other things, like writing stupid essays that never seem to end, or who knows what else. Everything that keeps me up at night is probably my own fault. And I think that I could have done so much better as a student over the past four years. I'm hardly failing, it's just that I have put so much effort into things that turn out to be average, and others have this gift for putting minimal effort into projects that receive perfect grades. I used to be like that! I graduated from high school with a golden cord around my neck and now I'm just one person in a crowd of thousands. I am guilty of not really contributing as much as I should have, and I feel a lot of regret right now, and it kills me to think about it. I put so much effort and energy into high school that I just forgot to care about my resume or my "record" and now I'm average. I don't want to be like this. I want to be the kind of woman that surprises people and excels. I want to go back to school and learn and be a credit to everything I'm part of. I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe it's just that I am only accountable to myself, and the only place where I learn anything anymore is at work.
I write over and over about the same frustrations and distractions. I just feel stuck and regretful when the sun goes down. And to be honest, I haven't felt this discumbulated in weeks. Hopefully I will hear good news about a second interview soon and things will look a bit less bleak.
Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

0 comments:

 

EVERYTHING IS MUTED © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness